Updated: September 18
Buckingham Companies and Radio One collected approximately 55,000 pounds of donated goods on two separate semi-trailers for a total of approximately 110,000 pounds (55 tons) of goods. The Salvation Army truck collected roughly 2,000 pounds, including donated clothes, duvets from The Alexander Hotel, and items Red Cross was unable to take. A huge thanks to some of the following who donated at the downtown location:
- Pepsi: 12 pallets full of drinks, including water, Gatorade, and Propel
- Belfor Group: Over 25 boxes for separating and sorting donations
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity: three truckloads of water
- Kite Reality Group: $6K donation and truckload of baby diapers and wipes
- August Mack: large donation of water and pallet full of baby diapers
- City Council Officials: Van full of water, snacks, and juice
- November Project Indy: Pallet full of bottled water
- Gigi's Cupcakes: Dozens of cases of water and cupcakes for volunteers
- The Alexander Hotel: 5 cars full of duvets for The Salvation Army
Total amount of monetary donations collected was $20,000 for the downtown site. This includes a $10,000 donation from Buckingham Foundation, $6,000 donation from Kite Reality Group, $1,500 from Buckingham employees (in which Buckingham Foundation will match in addition to their $10K), and other miscellaneous donations while on-site.
The downtown location had over 75 volunteers work 8 AM - 8 PM Thursday through Saturday. Buckingham and Radio One employees and their families joined in on the fun with generous food donations from Scotty's Brewhouse, Hot Box Pizza, Jack's Donuts, and Popeye's Chicken.
Check out Radio One's photos and videos of the event here.
In an effort to support relief efforts on the Gulf Coast, Buckingham Companies is opening up its corporate office’s parking lot as a donation site to collect much needed supplies for those impacted by Hurricane Harvey with support from the Red Cross.
Beginning September 7, Hoosiers can drop off certain items and monetary donations to the Red Cross in order to aid those impacted by the tropical storm. Donations will be accepted from September 7 – September 9 from 8 AM – 8 PM at four participating locations.
The Red Cross is requesting the following:
- Bottled water
- Packaged snacks
- Juice (non-glass containers)
- Baby wipes
- Buckingham Headquarters - 21 E. St. Joseph Street, Indianapolis, 46204
- Kroger Marketplace – 5350 E. Thompson Road, Indianapolis, 46237
- Kroger – 9799 E. 116th Street, Fishers, 46037
- Kroger – 5718 Crawfordsville Road, Indianapolis 46224
Please note that only these items will be accepted at these locations. The supplies will be consolidated and delivered to designated relief locations in the coming weeks. For more information, visit the Hoosiers Helping Houston website.
Buckingham Foundation will be making a monetary donation as well, matching any employee contributions plus more. The check will be presented on Thursday, kicking off the Buckingham Corporate location’s donation drive. Volunteers are also needed to staff our location. Communication on this and how you can donate will be delivered early next week.