Buckingham Foundation goes beyond typical philanthropy to open doors that create positive change in affordable housing, community and economic development, arts and culture, and childhood hunger. Our grants are bold, strategic and meaningful.
Guidelines for Giving
- Organizations demonstrating a need for financial and in-kind assistance that align with the mission of the Foundation and serve as a catalyst for positive change, support innovation, and leverage significant impact.
- Both new and existing programs and initiatives will be considered.
- The Foundation gives priority to initiatives that have strong potential to produce measurable improvements and achieve long-term sustainability.
- Organizations operating in Buckingham communities.
- Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2017 in order to be considered for 2017-2018 funding. All applications will be reviewed after the submission deadline and grants will be awarded based on available resources. Grants will not be awarded prior to May 31.
- The evaluation process takes approximately 2-3 months.
- Proposals must meet the Foundation’s charitable giving criteria and priorities.
- Organizations may submit one application within a 12-month period.
- Proposals should not exceed three pages in length. Nonprofit certification, financial statements, letters of support, list of board members, and marketing collateral can accompany the proposal and do not count toward the three pages.
- Site visits and a follow-up report are required within six months of receiving a grant.